Here is my schedule for finals. As always, you can also contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Canvas messaging, Twitter (@denisejeannee), or phone (580-774-3086). Other meeting times are available by appointment. If you have any questions or concerns, let me know. Good luck with finals!
Thursday, Dec. 11
- 11am-noon: Office hour in CAM 224C
- 12:30-2:20pm: ENGL 1113, section 1924 final meeting in CAM 109
Friday, Dec. 12
- 10am-noon: Office hours in CAM 224C
Monday, Dec. 15
- 10am-1pm: Office hours in CAM 224C (drop-off tutoring logs and other materials as needed for ENGL 4013)
At this point, we’re wrapping up the work (tutoring, lingering reading responses, “in the center” projects, tutoring reflections). Here’s what you need to know/do between now and the end of the semester:
- Tuesday, 12-2: Meet in the writing center to continue tutoring as needed.
- Friday, 12-5 by 11:59pm: “In the Center” projects are due on Canvas by this time. If you choose to do the extra tutoring hours instead, you’ll get credit for this after you turn in your completed tutoring log to me.
- Tuesday, 12-9: MEET IN CAM 206 for final meeting (evaluations, pizza, discussion of lingering questions and final tutoring reflection papers). You’ll have the opportunity to go over to the center after we meet to continue tutoring.
- Wednesday, 12-10: The writing center officially closes for the semester.
- Monday, 12-15: Tutoring reflection papers due on Canvas by 11:59pm. Tutoring logs due to me (CAM 224-C) or in my mailbox (CAM 201) by 11:59pm that evening as well (okay, really by 5pm). Any lingering work (reading responses, for example) will be due at this time as well.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns (email@example.com).
Now would be a good time to catch up on any missing work (hello, reading responses on Canvas!).
- Keep tutoring.
- Rough draft of “In the Center” project due next class for feedback (if you’re choosing to do a project for this assignment).
- Start thinking about the tutoring reflection project.
- Wrap-up any lingering work.
featured image from https://coolrain44.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/thanksgiving-charlie-brown-snoopy.jpg
- Keep working on those tutoring hours.
- Read/skim Chapters 57-60, “Capitalizing,” “Italics and Underlining,” “Using Abbreviations,” and “ Using Numbers” (452-463) in Writing Matters.
- Reading response on Canvas (300 words)
- Keep working on those “In the Center” projects (they’re due in about 3 weeks).
Now would also be a good time to catch up on any missing reading responses, which can add up and affect your grade if you let them go completely…
featured image from http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7C1mNHeEv78/T_tjcnZmyOI/AAAAAAAAxNY/G8OFyaad1MY/s1600/Hell&Lula+-+Catch+Up!!!+Catch+Up!!!.jpg.
- Work on getting in some tutoring hours.
- Keep thinking about and working on your “In the Center” projects.
- Read/skim Chapters 53-56, “Using Apostrophes,” “Using Quotation Marks,” “Using End Punctuation,” and “Using Other Punctuation” (432-452) in Writing Matters.
- Reading response on Canvas (200 words): Again, you can focus on your “in the center” projects or other general thoughts about tutoring in addition to the reading for this week.
featured image from http://cdn2.content.compendiumblog.com/uploads/user/f8fad5c5-72ad-4996-be7e-6d7be98749c4/1db07259-3a1f-49d1-9052-47bbc3ba4c0c/Image/0f77c5e17cc249b5d6871ca640cf33d7/tutor.jpg.